What Is Moringa?
Moringa has been called “one of the most valuable plants” and a “supermarket on a trunk” by the National Research Council, “mighty” by National Geographic, and deserving of a “place in the home pharmacy” by Chris Kilham, the “Medicine Hunter.” A vast number of uses has been attributed to the Moringa plant, including its use as a food, medicine, animal feed, industrial uses, edible oil, biofuel, and water purifier, leading many to call it a “miracle tree.”
Moringa is one of the world’s most nutritious plants, containing a wide variety of macro and micronutrients. Moringa leaves contain more protein than whole milk, more iron than spinach, more vitamin C than oranges and more calcium than whole milk. It also contains amazing phytonutrients, including powerful antioxidant compounds that have caught the interest of prestigious research institutes.
Medicinal Uses and Benefits
- Moringa consists of an extremely high plant-based protein content, and considered an “ideal” protein per WHO standards, containing all essential amino acids
- Moringa contains one of the highest macro- and micro-nutrient content of any plant known
- The vitamins and minerals in Moringa, such as Iron and Vitamin A, have been demonstrated to be more bioavailable than your standard vitamin supplements
- Moringa possesses strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties
- Science has demonstrated Moringa’s liver and kidney protective properties
- Moringa possesses glucose- and cholesterol-normalizing effects
Compare Moringa gram for gram to the following:
Fresh Moringa Leaves vs. Dried Moringa Leaves
Dried Moringa vs. Spinach
Moringa has 10 Times the Iron of Spinach!
Dried Moringa vs. Carrots
Moringa has 3.7 times more vitamin A than carrots!
Dried Moringa vs. Milk
Moringa has 10 Times the Calcium of Milk!
Dried Moringa vs. Oranges
Moringa has 3 times more Vitamin C than oranges!
Dried Moringa vs. Bananas
Moringa has 4 Times the Potassium of Bananas!
Dried Moringa vs. Yogurt
Moringa has nearly 8 Times the Protein of Whole Milk based Yogurt!